An Interview With || Petra Reini!


Hey ya'll! As you may of guessed, I have another interview with some one today!
I met this nice photographer over at her blog, Petra Grace Photography. She has been so kind to me to take time to do an interview! So let's begin:



How did you discover photography? What age were you? - I think I was around 10 when my family got a point-and-shoot camera... I wasn't any good or anything serious about it, but I loved taking pictures and then looking at them. 

When did you get your first camera? What kind of camera do you have? - I think I was 13 when I got my first camera. It was an Nikon SLR - meaning that it only took film, but the lenses were interchangeable. Film was super expensive and it wasn't very good to learn on, because I had to pay to print the photos before I could view them and there were no retakes. Currently, I have a Nikon D70 DSLR camera :) 

How far in the USA have you gone to do photography? - Well, because Photography is more of a hobby, I've never traveled anywhere specifically for photography. I've done stuff in D.C., Pennsylvania, and Texas (all traveling from Central Ohio). 

What are your favorite things to photograph? - I LOVE portrait photography, but I definitely do more nature photography. 

Do you have a business for your photography, or ever hope to have one? - I don't have one set up yet... Mostly because I haven't had the time to investigate the prospect. I would love to do something along those lines in the future. If not an official business, I'd love to do some sessions or second-shoot for a wedding :)

What tips do you have for getting the best, clear photos? - Just practice, would be my advice. Stay in auto until you're comfortable with your camera and then slowly merge into manual mode. Another one of my go-to tricks is to stick with natural light as much as possible. 

What are your favorite photography blogs? - I constantly stalk my dear friend, Aliyah, over on her blog (insert link here: http://aliyah.luvaburton.us/). I also love looking this beautiful work (insert link here: http://www.elliebe.com/)

Do you have any trips or tricks? - Practice, practice, practice! Avoid comparing your work to the work of others... it's not healthy, nor beneficial to your portfolio. And lastly, don't be afraid to edit your photos. It's okay to not have the perfect photo straight off the camera... that's where software can help. Adjusting the lighting or the color settings isn't cheating, it's part of the process. 

Here's some of her best work:





Please do NOT take her work without special permission! If you'd like, please contact her over at her blog.

So, that's wraps things up! Special thanks to Petra for letting me do this with her!

All for now,

Hadassah <3

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for this opportunity! 'Twas lots of fun for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! It was very fun interviewing you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I LOVE comments, so please comment! But please be aware that not everyone likes complainers. So please keep it kind and clean, and thanks for just taking the time! Your comment will show up after I approve. :)

Your Favorite Posts On PP:

Popular Posts