The Five Best Photography Books I've Read



Hey ya'll! Today's post is not about my pictures, but mainly about the top five photography books I read in 2016. Some people might have favorites, so don't let me get in the way about those, but these are just some of my favs so far. :)

So I get most of my books off of Amazon, or through our library, and I love looking at photo ideas. Some books are more for people with photography businesses, and some are for more when you very first start out. The ones I like to get are mixed. You know, I don't know if I'll ever start a business, or what kind of photography I specialize in, but right now it's just for fun.

So, let's get started shall we?


All of these are on Amazon, and the Jump Start your Photography book was free, so I grabbed that one up. My favorite from this list is defiantly the Beautiful Mess: Photo Idea Book, and these ladies are just so fun! They have ideas for EVERYTHING. Including putting your photos on a suitcase, on a lampshade, and just getting the PERFECT picture. :)
The Unforgettable Photograph was amazing as well, although I did skip some parts since I don't do that 'type' of photography. Jump Start Your Photography was great for a beginner, and as a mentioned, it's free for Kindle!
Top Ten Secrets for Baby & Child Portraits was good, and I would defiantly recommend this one if you have a studio business. The Savvy Guide was amazing and it gave every little detail for starting a photography business.

I know some people don't like to read photography books, since they have their own "style" but I love to look at them, and it defiantly cheers up a gray day. :)

I also borrowed a photography course from one of my shutterbug friends, and I'm loving it!
You can find it here: The Great Courses: Photography

Did you have any favorite photography books?

All for now,

Hadassah <3








Comments

  1. Fabulous post, Hadassah! I am going to have to check out that "Savvy Guide to Starting a Photography Business"! I need all the help I can get in that area ;)

    Glad you're enjoying the "Great Courses" photography course! ;D

    xoxo,
    -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! That book was WONDERFUL for starting a business! From Weddings to Portraits, I loved it!
    And yes, I'm defiantly enjoying it! I'm already on the 2nd DVD. :)

    Hadassah <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool book recommendations! Does The Mary L. Cook library have any of those?
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think so. But then again, I'm not sure. You might be able to get some through Overdrive digital system, but I'm really not positive. The Jump Start one is free though on Amazon though!

    Hadassah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I meant through digital reading. Not free as in they'll send it to you through Amazon! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I LOVE comments, so please comment! But please be aware that not everyone likes complainers. So please keep it kind and clean, and thanks for just taking the time! Your comment will show up after I approve. :)

Your Favorite Posts On PP:

Popular Posts