Photography || A Prayer In Spring


I think all my pictures are spring-related, since I have been taking a lot of spring-y pictures of the flowers budding and stuff, so I thought I'd start with this poem by Robert Frost: A Prayer In Spring:

Oh, give us pleasure in the flowers to-day; 
And give us not to think so far away 
As the uncertain harvest; keep us here 
All simply in the springing of the year. 

Oh, give us pleasure in the orchard white,
Like nothing else by day, like ghosts by night; 
And make us happy in the happy bees, 
The swarm dilating round the perfect trees. 

And make us happy in the darting bird 
That suddenly above the bees is heard,
The meteor that thrusts in with needle bill, 
And off a blossom in mid air stands still. 

For this is love and nothing else is love, 
The which it is reserved for God above 
To sanctify to what far ends He will,
But which it only needs that we fulfil.


I really like this poem, and especially the part :  "The which it is reserved for God above," which we really need to take to heart. Robert Frost has ALWAYS been my favorite poet, and I definitely am adding this one to my favs. Oh... spring. It come and goes, and come and goes again. A repeating cycle of nature. :)

So yesterday I had the camera out and clicking, even though it was FRIGID outside, and got some lovely pictures. I do love the one up top, and it's labeled: "The First Flower of Spring."



Oh, I LOVE doing this. You just find a leaf with holes and hold it in front of the sun. I also L-O-V-E the sun flares. :)


Cherry buds!! ;)


I labeled this one: The Cat and His Shadow 



Oh more buds!!! :)


I am actually not sure how on earth I got this one. I let my camera auto-focus on whatever it wanted and it came out like this! Seriously. No edit. I still love it though. :)
Anywaaay....
So that's it for me. I also am loving all the comments and new followers I'm getting!! Seriously guys, bring it on. You make my day!! :)


Are you anxious for spring?
Do you like Robert Frosts' poems?

Hadassah <3

Comments

  1. So lovely, Hadassah! And that poem is wonderful :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    love,
    -Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow!!! I can see so much improvement each post, you just keep getting better! Love your work <3 aliyah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love this entire post SOOOO much! I'm SO happy that you enjoy poetry! I didn't know that about you, Hadassah! It's not surprising, though. I DID already know that you have a SUPERB aesthetic sensibility. :)

    Love in Christ,
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I LOVE comments, so please comment! But please be aware that not everyone likes complainers. So please keep it kind and clean, and thanks for just taking the time! Your comment will show up after I approve. :)

Your Favorite Posts On PP:

Popular Posts