Capturing Candids

Blue Eyes

Capturing people with a camera is one of my favorite things to do. It's funny, but when you have your camera out and ready, and you have this perfect picture in mind, you get a little carried away... until you realize the picture that came out of it was waaay better and nothing like you were expecting! (in a good way!)

That's what happens with most of my pictures. They get turned into candids. :)

Giggling, Gaggling Girls

All of my sisters. I was a little nervous about trying to get them all in focus, but I think I did OK for a beginner. I'm not much of a "group-shot" person. I like the singled shots.

Failed attempt of Photo-Bombing

Hah! This picture makes me laugh. For one, Pumpkin Spice's expression, and second, A is "trying" to photo-bomb! But when you're at F-1.8, all A turns into is a blurred blob. :)

Big Brown Eyes

Ooh I love this picture!! It was an attempt of self-portraits the other day. It didn't look very well in color, so I cropped it a bit and turned it into black & white. I also learned the other day that you don't have to have a whole person in a photograph. Like my eyes for example. ^_^
This isn't really a "candid" but I was on a self-timer, so I was just waiting for the shutter to go.

Mickey Mozart

I don't know why I like love this picture so much!! I guess it's just his expression. I don't quite know what he was looking at, I guess it could've been me, but oooh, this picture is priceless. (Another F-1.8!)

So for all of you beginner photographers, a "good shot" doesn't have to be what you were going for with a child's face or group shot or really anything. A "great shot" is usually a candid. :)

So that's all for now, and I hope everyone has a blessed week!! 

What do you like about candid shots?
Have you ever got that "perfect candid" shot? :D

Hadassah <3



Comments

  1. These pictures are simply darling. Your little sisters look just like beautiful little princesses and your baby brother... wow. He is just SUCH a handsome little guy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Blue Eye's expression in the group shot!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I LOVE comments, so please comment! But please be aware that not everyone likes complainers. So please keep it kind and clean, and thanks for just taking the time! Your comment will show up after I approve. :)

Your Favorite Posts On PP:

Popular Posts