Fairy Gardening 101

Fairy Haven

Hey ya'll! Better late than never, right? Hah, I've been having a busy week with just LIFE right now.

I'e been waiting to do this post for a long time, (since February!!) and I've finally sat down and got to it! Yep. Fairy Gardening. I have done veery many fairy gardens which you can all find here, here, here, here, and here. (Yes; I'm addicted!)

Anywaay, I did my first from-scratch (at home at least) in a BIG BIG BIG old oak tree that is completely hallowed out. I was a little afraid that thing would come crashing down on me, but hey, I'm here, right? 😉


I took some old twine and attached it to the tree, with a tiny piece of bark to make a fairy swing. I'm sure they loved it. ♥


Then I added a twig fence on both sides leading out to a little garden, but it kind of got destroyed before I could take any pictures of it. (I have 4 little sisters!!) 😜


Ooh! And a different fairy garden; no fairies this time, but a pixie!! Ooh I love this pixie! I'm not actually sure where my Grandmother got it, and the bunnies, for that matter, but I still love them all anyway!


A chipped ear makes me love them all the more!


The little bicycle was actually a dish soap holder that came with our kitchen in our old house, and my Mom got a glass jar to hold everything, so she gave me this to create a fairy (or pixie in this case) garden or something creative. I'm not actually a crafty type, but when it comes to fairy gardens or sewing, you can count me in!! 😀

Have you ever made a fairy garden? 
Where would you suggest to find miniature things for fairy gardens?

Hadassah <3


P.S. And the book I recommend is on Amazon, which you can find here or this one as well. 

Comments

  1. Hey Dass,
    That looks like so much fun! Keep making fairy gardens! ;) You do a GREAT JOb!

    <3 Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! This is amazing! I'm SO glad that you make fairy gardens, Hadassah! I used to make them as well. My Polly Pockets in leaf-garb needed SOMEWHERE to live, right? ;) I remember once I spent a REALLY long time carving steps up a tree root. I was afraid that it would hurt the tree, but it didn't (as far as I know). Now you can't even tell that there WERE fairy steps there. I would use dandelions as pillows and square rocks for pillows. I used walnuts for bowls (that would hold grape-hyacinth "berries") or vases (that would hold little white wild flowers). Yeah, I think it would be super fun to try my hand at it again one of these days. ;)

    In Christ,
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I LOVE comments, so please comment! But please be aware that not everyone likes complainers. So please keep it kind and clean, and thanks for just taking the time! Your comment will show up after I approve. :)

Your Favorite Posts On PP:

Popular Posts