Lately || Shooting at Different Times Of the Day


Hi ya'll, are you ready for some Friday Phun? Heehee. 😊

As a photographer, shooting at different points of the day really helps you understand where the sun is coming from, (as in, how much light you're getting) how the picture is going to turn out, and how you need to decrease or increase your settings. (If you're on Manual etc.)

The flowery picture above was taken mid-morning, about eleven o' clock a.m. This is actually one of the worst times for me to take photos, because it's almost mid-day and the sun is glaring down, and casting ugly shadows on everything. You have to be EXTRA careful that you don't have your shutter speed or ISO to high, or else you get an ugly glow around your subject.


This photo was taken very early in the morning, just as the sun was coming up in the morning. I was actually standing in the woods using my long-lens to capture Toothless (our cat) looking straight at me, wondering why I was holding this big black thing. 🙂


Monochrome again! I mentioned the other day in one of my posts that I have been experimenting with monochrome, since I just figured that setting out LOL. It was late afternoon I believe when I took this picture, probably around four o'clock, but it was pretty shady and overcast, usual Ohio weather.


Haven't I mentioned I love taking macro shots? This was early morning as well, probably around seven-thirty to eight o'clock, just as the sun was gleaming through the woods around our farm. I'll admit this shot is a teensy bit creepy with the fly's eyes!! 😬


Ooh! Story telling! I've been working on that a lot lately, and this shot was taken in the evening, right around "Golden Hour," except it was usual overcast weather. The girl in focus is my sister, Raggedy Ann, at some one's graduation we went to last Saturday. I took some candids, and here's one that I got that evening. It was about seven o'clock around this time of the evening.

So that's really what I've been working on lately. Do you see how pictures change so much at different times of the day?

What's your favorite time for taking photos?
Hadassah <3



Comments

  1. I also like taking pics during the Golden Hours. I don't usually take any during mid-day, unless it's cloudy. Really like how your mid-day pics turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I LOVE comments, so please comment! But please be aware that not everyone likes complainers. So please keep it kind and clean, and thanks for just taking the time! Your comment will show up after I approve. :)

Popular Posts