Best Tips For Nature Photography


Hi ya'll!

I wanted to write this post because as I was going through pictures today, I came across a LOT of nature photography, from none other than myself!

My very first picture that I ever took using an EOS Rebel 2Ti by Canon, was a butterfly on a flower, and since then I've loved taking pictures of nature. From leaves, to flowers, to trees, I love nature photography...

But that doesn't mean I want to spend my whole life doing JUST that. I have no idea what kind of photographer I want to be, but I am leaning toward's being a child/baby photographer, especially since I have eight siblings and that's kind of just EXPECTED from me. 😋


Anyway, so I wanted to cover some nature photography tips with you guys. My number #1 tip is going to be that you should set your f-stop number LOW. The picture above was at a 1.8 and it makes all the focus go to that SPECIFIC petal on the flower. 🌼


#2. Go out early mornings! I got so many good photos by waking up at 6:45 and running outside to capture the first light and dew of the morning!! 🌤


#3. Edit your photos! You'll (ALMOST) never get a perfect photo without editing it first! Personally I use Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor, but I do sometimes love just the built-in editing that comes with Mac Photos.


#4. Go out and take some photos every season! For me, I prefer fall, just because of the bright colors and (usually good) weather as well, especially in October. Not to hot, not TOO cold. 🙂


#5. Look for tiny details! I love love LOVE taking pictures of raindrops, and you can see how amazing this photo was straight after a sunshower! 🌧


I hope these tips will help you next time you do some nature photography!!

Do you like nature photography?
Were these tips helpful for you?

Hadassah <3

P.S. Some exciting news: My book (TSOEM) is (hopefully!) soon going to be published on Amazon for Kindle and (hopefully!!!) in book form!! 😊

Comments

  1. Nature photography is a ton of fun! Unfortunately, my camera is rather limited so I don't have much control over the settings. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I still don't have all the settings I would like on mine, but it's fun to get what you can!! :)

    Hadassah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I LOVE comments, so please comment! But please be aware that not everyone likes complainers. So please keep it kind and clean, and thanks for just taking the time! Your comment will show up after I approve. :)

Your Favorite Posts On PP:

Popular Posts