Thoughts On || The 18-55 lens vs. the 50mm
You know I've talked a lot about the 50mm. It's my favorite lens so far- at least not counting the lenses I've gotten to use and borrow from friends. Like this one- eek! So amazing, yet so expensive! 😮
Anyways, here's some pros and cons on why I use my 50mm and my 18-55 both.
This was the first lens I ever started out with. It's also one of the cheaper ones, yet one of the ones that are perfect for beginners. It's a zoom lens, mainly zooming out wider than closer. I love it because you can get wide angle shots and easy shots from above, like the one below:
- It's a very easy lens to work with
- It can zoom out and in, making it perfect for big family portraits
- You can get wide-angle shots
- You can get above shots
- You don't have to move around a lot
- You can get a low (er) f-stop number.
- It doesn't go lower than 3.5
- It isn't the best quality lens
- It's loud & noisy when focusing
- It doesn't do well on M mode
- You usually have to do more editing on your photos
- It makes clearer photos
- The color pops more
- The f-stop goes lower, depending on which 50mm you get
- You get amazing portraits
- It's a fixed lens; meaning it doesn't move
- Um... you can tell I love the 50mm because I can't find anything wrong with it! 😅
Do you have a 50mm or 18-55?
If so, which do you like more?